The Meals on Wheels delivers meals to a participant’s home.
- Dinners include a hot entrée which contains a protein, starch and vegetables.
- Lunches include a sandwich and/or salad or soup.
- MEALS CONTAIN SALT AND SUGAR – NO ADDITIONAL SALT OR SUGAR IS ADDED.
- MEALS ARE NOT MADE TO ACCOMMODATE ANY SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS.
- MEALS ARE NOT MADE TO ACCOMMODATE ANY PARTICULAR FOOD ALLERGIES.
Cost per day is:
- $9.00 for meal, which includes lunch and dinner.
- $5.50 for dinner only
- $3.50 for lunch only
At this time, the Meals on Wheels Program services the following cities: Monrovia, Temple City, Rosemead, San Marino, San Gabriel, Arcadia and Sierra Madre, NORTH OF THE (10) SAN BERNARDINO FREEWAY.
Registration for the program must be completed by Wednesday at 12 noon, prior to the Monday that you are requesting a delivery. The Meals on Wheels program requires advanced payment for two weeks of delivery. Participants must register for a minimum of two days a week and continue for a minimum of two weeks.
Meal delivery is between 10:30 am and 12:30 pm.
If unable to answer the door or not home when meals are delivered, please leave an ice chest or container at the door. The Meals on Wheels delivery person will place the meal in the container.
All billing is done at the beginning of each month and payments are due by the 15th of every month. There are no exceptions.
We deliver on all major holidays such as: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th of July), Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, and Christmas Day.
We do not deliver on weekends, but you can receive extra meals on Friday to help you through the weekend.
Cancellations or any changes must be made at least one week in advance.
For questions regarding Meals on Wheels, please contact the Volunteer Center of San Gabriel Valley at
(626) 256-8187, or email Teresa Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Center of San Gabriel Valley
119 W. Palm Ave.